With COVID-19 causing many cities to go into lockdown, many businesses such as nail salons have been unable to serve their customers. Luckily, you don’t need to go to the salon for a salon-quality manicure. If you find yourself bored at home or simply want to refresh your nails, at-home manicures are easy to do. Continue reading for more information and tips!
- Prep your nails before painting: Prepping your nails before you start to paint them is a crucial step to any salon-quality manicure. First, push your cuticles back and trim them to get rid of any dead skin around your nails. Next, gently buff out your nails to create a smooth surface for the paint to go on. Lastly, file your nails to your desired shape.
- Start with a base coat to protect and nourish your natural nails: It is important to note that a base coat is essential for protecting your natural nails. Applying nail polish directly onto your nails can stain them or dry them out if your polish is too harsh. Furthermore, a base coat provides a smooth and clean surface for your nail polish to adhere to.
- Paint your nails: After choosing a color, begin to paint your nails. Start off with the brush painting down the middle of your nail, then fill in the space to the sides. This creates an even application of the nail polish and distribution of color. Let the polish dry and repeat this step until you reach your desired shade of color. Tip: use a blow dryer on a cool setting to make your nails dry faster!
- Apply some nail stickers to your manicure: After your nail polish has completely dried, apply some nail stickers to amp up your manicure! Use tweezers to carefully peel the nail stickers off of the sheet and gently position them onto your nails. With the tweezers, press the nail sticker onto your nails for them to fully adhere. Add as many nail stickers as you would like and don’t be afraid to get creative! Tip: Use flat tweezers or an orange wood stick to press the nail sticker.
- Finish your salon-quality manicure with a top coat: Use a top coat to lock in your salon-quality manicure. A top coat is always essential if you want your manicure to last. It is also a necessary step if you have any decals on your nail.
Now that your nails are runway ready, tag us @joby.nailart and use #jobynailart so that we can see the design that you made! We love to support and feature our users, so don’t forget to follow us and share your nails!